The Design Director (DD) is instrumental in growing Landor's creative reputation, ensuring design teams deliver powerful and memorable creative solutions. The DD will lead design teams to deliver design strategy and solutions that support brand-led business transformation for clients.
Duties and Responsibilities • Understanding /awareness of the local
- Understanding /awareness of the local aesthetic and culture when creating local and global brands, e.g. type, colour issues, symbols etc. for regions.
- Ensures all correspondence, materials, presentations, proposals, etc., seen by prospective and existing clients are error-free, of highest quality and always relevant to the client’s issues.
- Partners effectively with all departments to ensure delivery of on-time, high-quality deliverables that address all relevant prospective clients requirements.
- Communicates findings and recommendations in a clear and compelling manner in written, oral and presentation forms.
- Sharing and importing best practices and resources with peers within broader Landor network.
- Interacts in a positive, professional and motivating manner.
People and Team
- Builds internal partnerships with other functions and fosters creative community.
- Provides ongoing performance evaluation and management of direct reports including performance reviews.
- Directs design teams to deliver creative solutions for brand led transformation with responsibility for the output.
- Supports ECD/CD to develop and implement Landor's creative vision, communicates powerful ideas and co-ordinates award entries.
- Leads and directs client projects including critiques, selection and refinement of final creative solution and introduction of different approaches to delivering design solutions.
Strategic and Innovative Thinking
- Leads strategic design sessions with senior client group, prepares design briefs and participates in analysis planning.
- Develops at least one thought leadership piece annually.
New Business Development
- Understands importance and supports new business opportunities, events and pitch process.
- Creates/contributes to effective and accurate proposals.
Project/ Financial Management
- Helps to appropriately resource against existing and new clients and maximize utilization of permanent and freelance resources.
- Recommends creative team make-up and identifies new talent for the agency.
- Assigns creative lead and alternative Senior Creative Leadership where required for clients engagements.
- Minimum 6 yrs+ design experience in branding/design agency.
- Design degree or relevant design qualification.
- Proven experience as a Senior Designer on project teams across wide range of consumer and corporate client businesses.
- Strong people management and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, persuasion, influencing and presentation skills.